Sorry for so long to get this message posted. I am in Casa Grande, Arizona so I have a few days to fill in.
First of all before leaving Alamo Texas, I should mention that a fluke thing happened last Thursday morning at Ladies Golf. This was the second morning that I played in the Ladies Golf Tournament at the park and I played lousy except for a "Hole In One" on the 6th hole - 80 yards with a 7 iron? The 4 other ladies and I that were on my team did not even know it went in until we got to the pin and one of the ladies golfing off the 7th tee witnessed it - we had thought it rolled behind. It was a big surprise considering I had never even parred that hole before. It was lucky to get the hole in one at the tournament because we pay $1 to play and getting a hole in one pays $20!!!! I will get a certificate, had to save the ball and will get my name on a plaque in the golf clubhouse - plus I was a celebrity for awhile.
Also of note was that Don went to see a Killer Bee Hockey Game at the State Farm Arena outside of Hildago. It was Winter Texan night so the hotdogs and drinks were just $1!
On Friday, Jan 28th, Sally and Russell Rood from Lakefield arrived to pick me up and take me to Arizona so Sally could attend CasaGrande's Gourdfest because she is a gourd crafter. Don and I had to show them around our area a little before we left on Sunday morning. Saturday we started the day with a sunrise golf game followed by a biscuit and sausage gravy breakfast - a fundraiser for the Pool Hall Babes at the park. We then drove down to Port Isabel to climb the lighthouse and have lunch at the Pirate's Landing Restaurant on the Lagona Madre - salty waterway between the mainland and South Padre Island. After lunch we crossed over the bridge to South Padre Island and visited the Birding and Nature Centre, walked on the beach and had dinner at the lovely Sea Ranch restaurant before driving back to Alamo for the night.
Sally, Russell and I took off at 6:30 AM on Sunday morning and by suppertime we were at the Cattleman's Steakhouse outside El Paso Texas. We bypassed the Cowboy (2 lb T-bone steak) and the Cowgirl (1 1/2 lb T-bone steak) and Sally opted for the Quartermaster (1 1/4 lb t-bone steak) since she is a beef lover. Russell and I opted for beef kabobs. We spent the night in El Paso and drove into Arizona on Monday. More updates tomorrow.

Comments

  1. Congratulations on the hole in one!
    More interesting activities in the warmth of the sunny south.
    I must convince myself that time passes as quickly in the "near far north" as it does in the sunny south.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baltic Cruise – June 2019